The Western States School of Banking Curriculum
After graduating the 2018 Senior Class this June, the Western States School of Banking will be directing students and inquiries to the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado. The schools have shared a vision to serve the community banking industry in New Mexico, Colorado, and the western states through education and have partnered many years for this purpose. It is with confidence that WSSB will refer prospective students to GSBC’s great program.
The Western States School of Banking offers a bachelor level, intense, condensed curriculum for students to advance their industry competency and effectiveness. While maintaining employment, students have quality interaction with national faculty and regional colleagues while developing academically and professionally.
WSSB’s two-year Certificate program strengthens an employee’s holistic understanding of the banking industry. Advanced training prepares students to face industry challenges and give managers the edge they need to strengthen their banks, increase personal
Senior Year Curriculum
- ABA BankExec Simulation Class
- Includes a pre-session exercise to allow students to “test-drive” the navigation elements of the online simulation platform.
- Includes a professional and competitive team presentation that allows students to practice presentation skills, team work, and dynamic sharing of their comprehensive learning from the WSSB curriculum.
- Advanced Bank Information Technology
- Banking Ethics
- Legal Aspects of Banking II
- Managing Human Resources
- Team Building and Leadership
2017-2018 Intersession Project
- Marketplace Internal and External Analysis
- Assets/Liability Management – Financial Performance
- Credit Risk Management
- Dynamic Marketing